Written by locals, Fodor's travel guides have been offering expert advice for all tastes and budgets for 80 years.
Paris is just the beginning: France's memorable sights--from sprawling Versailles to lofty Mont-St-Michel--have made it mainland Europe's most popular destination. This edition delivers can't-miss trips for the more than 2 million America's who trave to France annually, whether they're beginners or veterans.
This travel guide includes:
· Dozens of full-color maps
· Hundreds of hotel and restaurant recommendations, with Fodor's Choice designating our top picks
· Multiple itineraries to explore the top attractions and what’s off the beaten path
· Major sights such as Louvre, Chartres, Monet's Garden, Versailles, Lyon, Chenonceau, Mont-St-Michel, Strasbourg, Beaune, Eze, St-Tropez, and Aix-en-Provence
· Coverage of Paris; Ile-de-France; The Loire Valley; Normandy; Brittany; Champagne Country; Alsace-Lorraine; Burgundy; Lyon and the Alps; Provence; The French Riviera; Monaco; Corsica; The Midi-Pyrenees and Languedoc-Roussillon; The Basque Country, Gascony and Hautes-Pyrenees; Bordeaux and the Wine Country; The Dordogne
Planning to focus on just part of France? Check out Fodor's travel guides to Paris and Provence & the French Riviera.